Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bacon of the Kevin Variety and Other Ramblings


Greetings readers.  I am an awful person, have it be known! I find it true, though, because I haven’t kept up with blog posts at ALL. However, I’ve been working hard to actually make money, so I can access things like the Internet. (Or whatever it’s called) So yeah, disregard women, acquire currency. I guess this is applicable for my neglect towards the blog if you’re reading this and you’re a woman. 

This is also unrelated, but I mentioned to my friend that when you're being paid by your granddad to paint the house, it feels a lot like the karate kid. However, it takes hours instead of the five minutes they feature Daniel painting the house.

I specifically chose this picture because it was ridiculous

Anyway, I don’t have any solid jokes but mere ramblings about my life whilst I’ve been attending to other things.  I went to see X Men: First Class. Highly recommended. However, I must just say… KEVIN BACON. 

Have you ever noticed that when you see Kevin Bacon in a movie (well at least in current times) it’s never like “oh [insert the name of whatever character he’s playing] that’s pretty cool!”? Instead it’s always like “OH….KEVIN BACON IS IN THIS, did you know he was going to be in this?” It’s often like that, too, and then what makes it worse is you don’t know what to expect, because Kevin Bacon has many, many faces.

Exhibit A:

"Sexy" Kevin
Young blood-covered Kevin

Creepy mustache Kevin
Nerdy Kevin
Pondering Kevin
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST!!!

Psychotic Kevin
Needless to say,Kevin Bacon is one eclectic dude. Alas, I rest my case.  

Additionally, when watching  X Men: First Class,  I experienced a recurring moment that seems to always haunt me. Something completely off the wall happens, or something shocking happens and everyone is quiet and I BUST out laughing. In this case, it was when Hank gropes the boob of one of the mannequins.  I’m fairly certain I almost snorted, but everyone else in the theater said nothing and kind of gave me dirty looks. I’m sorry that I’m observant, people.

A similar incident happened in the movie “The Rite” with Anthony Hopkins. SPOILER ALERT. He backhands a small Asian girl out of the blue because he’s possessed.  Also, if anyone can find a video of this, I’ll literally pay them. I have searched a ton, but I digress. The point is that I guess it’s really wrong to find something like that hilarious. Theater goers aren’t very accepting people.

To conclude this blog, I have something great. I don’t know how it relates, I guess it falls under the category of “finding moments in movies far, far too funny” or something like that.  My dear friend sent it to me when having a conversation about the whole Anthony Hopkins incident. So enjoy!

Also, as a WARNING I watched this about 50 times in one day. Judge me as you may, but if you’re as sleep deprived as I was, you may find it highly addicting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment