Saturday, June 25, 2011

Oh, how the times have changed...

Today when browsing the kitchen for breakfast, I found the cereal that I had always known and loved...Trix. However, if you're a 90's child, you'll be sad to know it's not the Trix you know and love. No. These were CORPORATE TRIX... some kind of sick facade that's supposed to make you feel like you're eating a breakfast that was made with love. This, however, is a LIE. It's a STRAIGHT UP LIE!!! When Trix were originally born, yes they were puffs. 
However, around 1992 something amazing happened. These puffs were given shapes and personalities. These cereal pieces were shaped like their respective fruits, so one didn't have to wonder whether their puff was "watermelon" or not. But NO MORE do these Trix exsit, and I was forced to face that harsh reality when eating breakfast this morning. I ate the puffs, the round cut out shapes that were probably regulated to make a buck. IT DISGUSTS ME!! 
However, I begrudgingly ate the cereal. Down with puffs!!!
Oh yes, I ate them in color order

As my day furthered, I found that there was something more sick and twisted than corporate Trix right around the corner. I remember when things were good and magic was entertaining enough. However, this generation doesn't find Harry Potter to be as important as SOME THINGS. It wounds me to speak of this, so I'll just upload the picture that I found in a "teen magazine." 

What sort of Tom Foolery is this?!?!??!
Yes, kids, because watching an emotionless teen give birth to a vampire baby that isn't even biologically feasible is a lot more exciting than the legacy of The Boy Who Lived. 
Words cannot describe what I feel.... so if you feel as sick as I do, make yourself feel a little better by watching this AWESOME video that isn't about sparkly vampires....


You're Welcome.
~xoxoxo Britt<3

2 comments:

  1. Just a quick question: If, follow me here, If there is a part 1 already factored into the title, then how the hell can it be a final installment? Also, kids these days aren't as excited about Harry Potter. They lose the magic when you didn't grow up with Harry Potter, plus the fact that it could be considered geeky, something tween girls don't want to be. (especially if they respond to a teen magazine)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not really a final installment. I guess little girls don't care about the details, and neither do the magazine editors.

    ReplyDelete